Oct 22, 2021
WLDG 1021 - Introduction to Arc Welding Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 1Lab 2
Course Description: This course covers shielded metal arc safety and basic shielded metal arc procedures. Students will weld various joints in the flat position with 6010 and 7018 electrode using the arc welding process. Students must be able to perform physical tasks in order to complete course requirements.
- Shop and equipment safety rules and procedures
- Personal safety procedures
- Set-up and take down procedures of Arc equipment
- Metal preparation for welding
- Steel plate welding flat position with 6010 electrode
- Steel plate welding flat position with 7018 electrode
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate proper set-up, take down, and troubleshooting procedures of arc welding equipment.
- demonstrate proper use of shop equipment.
- identify shop equipment and personal safety procedures.
- perform weld beads with 6010 electrode.
- perform weld beads with 7018 electrode.
- inspect welds for grading.
- perform butt, lap, corner, and tee welds in the flat position with 6010 electrode using arc equipment.
- perform butt, lap, corner, and tee welds in the flat position with 7018 electrode using arc equipment.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)