Sep 29, 2023
ABOD 1035 - Body Panels and Interior Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This hands-on course introduces students to the materials and industry-approved techniques for removing and installing vehicle glass and all vehicle interior and exterior panels. Topics include assorted hardware, fasteners, trim, and tools; alignment techniques; and industry standards. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): Course placement into ENGL 0950 and RDNG 0950 or above OR completion of RDNG 0940 with a grade of C or higher OR course placement into ESOL 0051 and ESOL 0052 and ESOL 1033 OR completion of ESOL 0041 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0042 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0043 with a grade of C or higher; AND Arithmetic placement score of 64 or higher or elementary algebra placement score of 76 or higher or minimum placement score/ACT score placement into MATH 0070 or above or completion of MATH 0030 or MATH 0060 with a grade of C or higher; AND Permission of instructor.
- Safety procedures and precautions related to automotive panel replacement, glass removal and installation
- Identification of glass removal tools, equipment, and products
- Proper fit for interior and exterior panels
- Identification and proper use of clips and fasteners for interior and exterior panels
- Interior and exterior panel and glass replacement
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- remove and install stationary glass.
- remove and install both interior and exterior panels using correct clips and hardware.
- remove and/or install common bolts, fasteners, screws, and retainers.
- identify and use specialty trim and hardware tools.
- correctly remove and install interior and exterior molding and trim.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)