Oct 17, 2021
AST 2025 - Cooling System Service Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 1 Lab 2
Course Description: This course covers the operation and service of the cooling system. Cooling system service and coolant recovery/recycling procedures will be performed. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): AST 2015 and instructor consent.
- Cooling System Theory
- Belts and Hoses
- Block Heaters
- System Service
- Coolant Recovery/Recycling
- NATEF Tasks
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe safety precautions.
- identify cooling system components.
- describe the cooling system operational theory.
- perform cooling systems service procedures.
- perform cooling system inspection and maintenance.
- perform coolant exchange using service equipment.
- describe coolant recycling procedures.
- perform NATEF tasks during cooling system service.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)