Jan 28, 2023
AST 2055 - Electronic Fuel Injection Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 1 Lab 2
Course Description: This course covers the operation and service of electronic fuel injection systems. System testing and necessary repairs will be performed. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): AST 2045 and instructor consent.
- Benefits of fuel injection
- Intake Manifolds
- Types of fuel systems
- Fuel system components
- Fuel pressure regulation
- Fuel pressure and component testing
- Idle speed control
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe safety precautions associated with course.
- identify fuel system components.
- locate fuel system components.
- perform fuel pressure testing.
- test fuel system components.
- diagnose fuel injection problems.
- replace defective components.
- perform NATEF tasks during fuel system testing completing
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)