Nov 30, 2023
BMGT 2040 - Human Resources Management Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course is a study of the importance of human resource management in contributing to the achievement of organizational objectives. Topics include the principle functions performed in human resource management such as planning and recruitment, training and career development, compensation and security, productive work environments, and employee-management relations. Students study leaders who have contributed to the field as well as the various regulations, laws, events, and forces that have an impact upon it.
- The Development and Role of Human Resources Managers
- Structure and Program for Managing Human Resources
- Personnel Planning and Recruitment
- Selecting Personnel
- Personnel Testing
- Employee Development
- Developing Managers
- Performance Evaluation and Personnel Actions
- Supervising Personnel
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Resolving Labor Relations Problems
- Compensation, Incentive, and Benefit Plans
- Safety and Health
- Appraisal and Research
- Global Human Resources Management
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe the responsibilities of a human resource department. for the 21st century.
- execute the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, evaluation, and compensation processes.
- offer solutions to each of the major human resources challenges for the 21st century.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)