Dec 04, 2021
CMAE 1526 - Maintenance Awareness Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab None
Course Description: This course is designed to align with the National Skills Standard assessment and certification system for Maintenance Awareness. The course curriculum is based upon federally-endorsed national standards for production workers. The Maintenance Awareness course introduces the concepts of Total Productive Maintenance and preventative maintenance. Students are introduced to lubrication, electricity, hydraulics, pneumatics, and power transmission systems.
- Preventative maintenance: preparation and scheduling; documentation; communication of procedures, forms, and follow-up
- Routine repair: necessary supplies; repair and preventative maintenance schedules, needs, supplies; safety procedures for doing repairs
- Monitoring indicators: comparison of current performance to optimal operations; investigation and correction of equipment conditions; monitoring of equipment; documentation steps
- Housekeeping: storage of tools and materials; recognition of unsafe conditions; correction action steps; clean workstation aspects; housekeeping inspections; organization of workstations
- Maintenance issues: electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, machine automation systems; lubrication processes, bearings, and couplings, belts and chain drives; high vacuum and laser systems; components of Total Productive Maintenance
- Documentation: up-to-date documentation; processes for ensuring repair history is complete and accurate
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- explain performance of preventative maintenance.
- describe the concepts of routine repair.
- discuss monitoring indicators to ensure correct operations.
- describe performance of housekeeping to maintain production schedule.
- recognize potential maintenance issues with basic production systems.
- recognize the importance of documentation within a maintenance system.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)