Nov 30, 2023
COMM 2099 - Communication Certificate Capstone Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture 1 Lab None
Course Description: This course will give students an opportunity to review communication courses successfully completed in the certificate program. Students will reflect on how these courses have enhanced their current level of knowledge and skills and demonstrate how they have achieved the Communication Student Competencies defined in the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum. In addition, students will work with the course instructor to explore future career and academic goals as related to the Communication Certificate.
Prerequisite(s): Instructor consent
- Review employment resources
- Overview of eFolio requirements
- Synthesis and reflection of Communication courses
- Common degree options for further Communication study
- Review code of ethics common to discipline and profession
- Development Design elements Content components
- Effective use
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate ability to work independently.
- evaluate their development in the Communication Certificate program.
- synthesize information from their Communication courses for personal, professional, or academic purposes.
- evaluate employment and degree opportunities available to them.
- use effective written, presentational, and technological skills to demonstrate proficiency of MnTC communication competencies: Demonstrate the writing and speaking processes through invention, organization, drafting, revision, editing, and presentation. Participate effectively in groups with emphasis on listening, critical and reflective thinking, and responding. Locate material from diverse sources and points of view, evaluate, and synthesize in a responsible manner. Select appropriate communication choices for specific audiences. Construct logical and coherent arguments.
- Use authority, point-of-view, and individual voice and style in their writing and speaking. Employ syntax and usage appropriate to academic disciplines and the professional world.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)