Dec 03, 2023
CAPL 1023 - Microsoft Word Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3 Lab None
Course Description: This course uses a comprehensive word processing program to create and edit professional-looking business documents. Students create letters, memos, announcements, resumes, fax cover sheets, mailing labels, mail-merge documents, and other types of business documents. This course requires basic computer competency (use of keyboard, mouse, and Windows).
Recommendation: OFFT 1001
- Word document
- Mail-merge documents
- Mailing labels, envelopes, directories
- Online forms
- Tables of Contents, Indexes
- Tables and charts
- Styles and templates
- Sort lists, paragraphs, tables
- Check for issues (Accessibility, Compatibility, and Inspect Document)
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Create, save, print, retrieve, and edit documents.
- Create an online form
- Create styles and templates
- Create a document with table, charts, and watermarks
- Create a professional newsletter.
- Check for issues (accessibility checker, compatibility checker, document inspector.
- Demonstrate use of Word commands
- Generate form letters, mailing labels, envelopes, and directories using variable data
- Create and modify table of contents, indexes, and use bookmarks
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)