Jul 04, 2020
CAPL 1025 - Microsoft Excel Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3 Lab None
Course Description: This course covers spreadsheet software that enables the student to organize data, work with formulas, charts and graphics, work with reports, and develop a professional worksheet. Other topics include: Excel lists, use of multiple worksheets/workbooks, Pivot Table and Pivot Charts. The students will apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to real-life spreadsheet projects.
Prerequisite(s): CAPL 1010 or instructor consent.
- Functions: AVERAGE, MIN, and MAX functions
- Financial functionsPMT, PV, IPMT
- Logical functions IF, TODAY, WORKDAY
- AutoFilters and Custom AutoFilters
- Data form
- Excel Lists including subtotals, AVG, MAX, MIN, Grand Total
- Look-up tables VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP
- Multiple workbooks¿linked
- Pivot Charts
- Pivot tables
- Query wizard
- Range names
- Summary Page
- Text file
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- create simple spreadsheets.
- format data using fonts, sizes, borders and backgrounds.
- create a header and footer.
- create column and 2-D and 3-D pie charts; resize and move embedded charts.
- modify the properties of the chart.
- format chart; insert drawing objects.
- sort, filter data and insert subtotals in a list.
- use a data form to enter, search for, edit, and delete records.
- summarize a list using a PivotTable and a PivotChart.
- format and edit worksheets.
- modify the worksheet.
- use charting features.
- use functions, macros, and a customized toolbar.
- Insert text, values, and formulas.
- Insert, delete, resize, and freeze worksheet rows and columns.
- Insert, move, rename, spell check, and print worksheets.
- copy and paste formulas and functions.
- work with absolute and relative references.
- use logical and date functions.
- create and apply styles and AutoFormat to a table.
- audit, trace, and fix formulas.
- consolidate information from multiple worksheets and workbooks.
- create a lookup table.
- create a workbook template.
- create validation rules.
- merge workbooks.
- create, assign, edit, and print macros.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)