Dec 06, 2023
CSCI 2091 - C# Language and the .NET Framework Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture 4 Lab None
Course Description: This course introduces the C# programming language and .NET framework. The course will present C# language features designed to create a sequence of programs of increasing complexity. C# language features covered will include basic constructs, object-oriented features, exception handling and the LINQ language. Then, an overview of the .NET framework will be presented. Finally, students will use C# in conjunction with .NET to create sophisticated GUI programs that access data and the web. This course requires thorough knowledge of an object-oriented programming language such as Java or C++.
Prerequisite(s): CSCI 1081 or instructor consent.
- Basic constructs and features including operators, basic types, instance variables, strings, arrays, control and iterative statements, files, I/O
- Classes, Objects, Methods, Properties, Attributes,
- Inheritance, Polymorphism, Interfaces
- Exception Handling
- Introduction to .NET, CIL, CLR, Framework Class Library, common types
- Graphical user interfaces with Windows Forms or WPF
- LINQ and use with .NET collections, SQL Server, ADO.NET, XML
- Introduction to Web application development, ASP.net and Web Services
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- create a web application or service.
- describe the structure and function of .NET including CIL, CLR, framework class and common types.
- design an application with a graphical user interface.
- design and develop object-oriented applications that utilizes inheritance, polymorphism and interfaces.
- embed exception-handling mechanisms to catch and debug errors.
- query and manage data stored in a collection, database or web using LINQ.
- write a program of moderate complexity using C# basic constructs and features.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)