Nov 30, 2023
COS 1051 - Clinic Introduction Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This course provides practical skill development using skills learned in preclinic courses. Students will have an initial exposure to the Century College clinic. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements. This course requires completion of or concurrently enrolled in COS 1000 and one of the following: COS 1007 , COS 1010 , COS 1020 , COS 1035 .
- Chemical formulas and proper application procedures.
- Chemicals for application to client’s hair or nails.
- Hazardous waste.
- Minnesota laws and rules as related to the practice of cosmetology.
- Present a professional image.
- Professional ethics and attitudes.
- Safety and sanitation procedures.
- Skill development in hair cutting, chemical control, hair color, and nail care services.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- practice initial skills in compliance with Minnesota laws and rules.
- practice skills in a salon setting.
- practice skills in client interactions.
- describe basic knowledge of potentially harmful chemicals.
- identify hair care products.
- explain chemical safety in the salon.
- demonstrate proper sanitation procedures.
- demonstrate safe handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)