Dec 03, 2023
COS 1053 - Clinic I Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab 3
Course Description: This is the first clinical course in an eight-course sequence. This course provides students with a clinical experience in the Century College clinic for practical skill development. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements. This course requires a minimum of 240 hours in Cosmetology.
- Chemical formulas and proper application procedures.
- Chemicals for application to client’s hair, nails, or skin.
- Hazardous waste.
- Minnesota laws and rules as related to the practice of cosmetology.
- Present a professional image.
- Professional ethics and attitudes.
- Safety and sanitation procedures.
- Skill development in haircutting, chemical controls, hair color, nail care, and skin care services.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- practice initial skills in compliance with Minnesota laws and rules.
- practice skills in a salon setting.
- practice skills in client interaction.
- identify potentially harmful chemicals.
- identify hair care products.
- demonstrate proper use of hair care products on clients.
- demonstrate chemical safety in the salon.
- demonstrate proper sanitation procedures.
- demonstrate safe handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)