Dec 03, 2023
COS 1059 - Clinic IV Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab 3
Course Description: This is the fourth clinical course in an eight-course sequence. This course provides students an opportunity in the Century College clinic to expand their knowledge and develop practical skills necessary for entry-level salon work. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements. This course requires a minimum of 500 hours in Cosmetology.
- Chemical formulas and proper application procedures.
- Chemicals for application on clients hair, nails, or skin.
- Hazardous waste.
- Intermediate skill development in haircutting, chemical control, hair color, nail care, and skin care services.
- Minnesota laws and rules as related to the practice of cosmetology.
- Present a professional image.
- Professional ethics and attitudes.
- Safety and sanitation procedures.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate intermediate skill level in hair, skin, and nail services.
- select correct chemical formulas used on clients.
- apply skills in client consultation.
- demonstrate professional development.
- practice communication skills with clients and instructors.
- perform proper safety and sanitation.
- demonstrate effective product sales technique.
- demonstrate safe handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)