Nov 30, 2023
COS 1081 - Salon Operations I Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab 2
Course Description: This course gives students additional clinical experience to complete the required services and/or hours for licensure, including students desiring Wisconsin licensure and students reactivating a manicurist license. Emphasis will be placed on speed, accuracy, and proper selection of chemicals and services to prepare students for the salon. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements. This course requires a minimum of 1350 hours in Cosmetology or 250 hours in Nail technology or previous Minnesota Manicurist license.
- Chemical relax.
- Hair color.
- Hair cutting.
- Hazardous waste.
- Minnesota or Wisconsin laws and rules.
- Nail care services.
- Permanent wave.
- Safety and sanitation.
- Skin care services.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- complete hours or services needed for licensure.
- demonstrate an increase in speed and accuracy of skills for the job market.
- demonstrate professionalism in client relationships and performance on the job.
- demonstrate decision making skills regarding selection and application of product for clients.
- demonstrate safe handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)