Nov 30, 2023
EMS 2010 - CPR Instructor Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture 0.5 Lab 1
Course Description: This course is designed to teach participants the fundamentals of teaching Basic Life Support (BLS) to a variety of audiences. Successful completion of this course allows the participant to teach CPR and offer American Heart Association course completion cards to lay rescuers and health professionals. Successful completion of this course will result in American Heart Association CPR Instructor certification. This course requires completion of EMS 1010 with current certification or current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider.
- BLS course outline
- CPR course design
- Core instructor course
- Course monitoring
- Instructor materials
- Instructor renewal
- Lesson maps
- Overview of CPR science
- Role play
- Room set up
- Self directed training and blended training
- Skills testing methodology
- Training center specifics
- Training facilitation
- Written test methodology
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- identify the BLS course and AHA course video appropriate for the needs of the participant group.
- evaluate BLS skills using the AHA Skills Testing Checklist.
- cite the scientific background guidelines for the current CPR guidelines.
- instruct a group using AHA practice-while-watching video while following course lesson maps.
- organize the process of written examination and describe options for successful remediation.
- follow procedures for effectively cleaning and decontaminating CPR manikins.
- organize physical facilities for an effective CPR classroom, including all course materials.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)