Nov 30, 2023
EMSP 1270 - Paramedic Practicum Theory and Application Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab None
Course Description: This course introduces the role of the paramedic with a focus on the health and health needs of a patient. Classroom experiences will focus on integrating and synthesizing multiple determinants of health and clinical care. Students will integrate prior didactic and skills coursework for preparation for hospital and field internship practicums, job seeking, and career planning. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements. This course requires Minnesota Human Services and National background studies with no restrictions; current state EMT certification; current AHA BLS Provider certification; required immunizations; current healthcare insurance.
Prerequisite(s): EMSP 1230 and EMSP 1265 with a grade of C or higher.
Recommendation: Basic word processing skills
- Practicum Orientation
- Professional behaviors
- Skills checklist
- Evaluation tools
- Daily log of practicum experiences
- Weekly review of practicum goals and objectives
- Data collection and entry
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- attend assigned clinical and field internship practicums.
- demonstrate mastery of didactic materials.
- demonstrate mastery of practical skills.
- identify practicum expectations.
- integrate professional behaviors into the practicum setting.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)