Nov 30, 2023
EMSE 1140 - Paramedic Preparation Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab 2
Course Description: This course is designed for experienced EMT’s desiring entry into the Paramedic Program. Students will perform skills and demonstrate proficiency in areas required for entrance into EMSE 1141 . Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements. Application and acceptance into the Paramedic Program is required and Minnesota Human Services and National background studies with no restrictions; current AHA BLS Provider certification; current State EMT certification.
Recommendation: Basic word processing skills.
- IV and Pharmacology Setup Medication preparation Math evaluation for medication administration
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate completion of certification courses.
- demonstrate an understanding of medical terminology.
- demonstrate cardiac skills.
- demonstrate intravenous access set up.
- demonstrate proficiency in EMS operations.
- demonstrate proficiency in EMT-Basic National Registry skills.
- exhibit professional EMS behavior.
- identify career plan.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)