Sep 18, 2020
ECT 2015 - Administering Windows Server 2012 Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This course covers the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure. Topics include implementing server images, user and group management with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and group policy, remote access and network policies, data security, monitoring and update management. This course prepares students to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012 exam “70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012”.
Prerequisite(s): ECT 1013 or instructor consent.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Domain Name System
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Remote Access
- Deploying and Maintaining Server Images
- Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Implementing Network Access Protection
- Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Implementing Update Management
- Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role
- Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services
- Managing User and Service Accounts
- Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
- Monitoring Windows Server 2012
- Optimizing File Services
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- manage client workstations and servers.
- maintain Active Directory.
- install, configure, and troubleshoot the Network Policy Server Role.
- virtualize server operating systems using Hyper-V.
- configure network access protection.
- create and deploy Server 2012 images.
- create and implement group policy objects.
- configure Internet, Intranet and Remote Access.
- optimize file services.
- monitor system performance.
- monitor and view server events
- manage user and group accounts.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)