Sep 18, 2020
FACM 1000 - Construction Fundamentals Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 4
Course Description: This course covers building repairs including safety and building emergency systems, hand and power tools, fasteners, wall patching, wall construction, roof repairs, water damage repairs, blueprint reading, and concrete repairs. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
- Concrete Maintenance
- Doors and Windows
- Emergency Systems
- Fire Extinquishers, Smoke Detectors, and Fire Supression Systems
- Maintenance Duties
- Wall Framing
- Reading Blueprints
- Roof Maintenance & Framing
- Wall Patching & Repairs
- Power Woodworking Tools
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- identify various types of fire extingushers and smoke detectors.
- demonstrate the proper use of various types of fastenters.
- list building emergency systems and procedures.
- identify unsafe practices.
- demonstrate safety procedures.
- identify various types of sprinkler and fire supression systems.
- repair walls, floors, roofs, door closers.
- participate in various construction projects.
- state the procedures for wall and roof framing
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)