Sep 19, 2020
FACM 1001 - Facility Workplace Safety Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab None
Course Description: This course covers safe practices in the facilities workplace as per OSHA. Topics include Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), labeling, handling, storage, removal, disposal, and recycling of hazardous toxic materials. Other topics include safety in the workplace (confined space, falls, hearing, etc.) the MN Right to Know Act; and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Confined Spaces
- Facilites personal protective equipment
- Facilites shop safety practices
- Fall Protection
- Handling, storage, removal, and disposal of chemicals in the shop
- Hazard Communication
- Hearing Protection
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Minnesota OSHA regulations
- Minnesota Right to Know Act
- NFPA 70E Electrical Safety in the Workplace
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe facility workplace safety practices.
- describe Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- define electricial safety practicies.
- describe confined space requirments.
- identify types of hearing protection and when required.
- explain Minnesota Right to Know Act.
- identify Minnesota OSHA regulations.
- identify proper personal protective equipment.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)