Sep 19, 2020
FACM 2050 - Computerized Maintenance and Energy Management Systems Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This course covers the basics of commercial building operation. Topics covered will include air handlers, pneumatic control systems, DDC, and analog control systems. Also included will be instruction on how energy management computers are utilized to monitor and control HVAC equipment. Instruction will also include the operation of a computerized energy management program. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
- Entering Data
- Input and Output Points
- Maintenance Objectives
- Overview of Energy Management
- Pneumatic and DDC controls
- Preventive Maintenance
- Producing Reports
- Systems Available
- Types of Maintenance Programs
- Work Orders
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate safety procedures.
- identify unsafe practices.
- evaluate Century College energy management system.
- explain energy savings.
- explain types of filters.
- perform adjustments and calibrations on pneumatic controls.
- identify types of HVAC systems.
- print out workorders.
- enter equipment data.
- analyze types of programs.
- operate computerized maintenance management programs.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)