Mar 28, 2023
HORT 1050 - Landscape Installation Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 4
Course Description: This course focuses on the practice of sustainable site development, installation of landscape planting, and soil improvement methods. Topics include the selection and installation of a variety of edging, mulches, water features, and irrigation systems. The course also introduces retaining wall systems and turf installation.
- Safety practices
- Site development and soil improvement
- Cut and fill excavation practices
- Concrete surfaces
- Paving brick surface
- Edging and mulches
- Woody and herbaceous plant materials
- Retaining walls
- Irrigation and water features
- Reading and understanding landscape plans
- Turfgrass installation
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- analyze site plans and prepare estimates.
- apply safety practices.
- identify sustainable site development practices.
- improve soil conditions
- install edging and mulch.
- install irrigation systems and water features
- install paving surfaces.
- install retaining walls.
- install turfgrass
- install woody and herbaceous plants.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)