Mar 28, 2023
HORT 1060 - Greenhouse Crops Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 4
Course Description: This course prepares students to grow herbaceous plants intended for outdoor use, interior foliage plants, potted indoor flowering plants, greenhouse cut flowers, greenhouse food production, and greenhouse propagation of woody plants. Students will cultivate and market annual and perennial bedding plants as well as vegetable and herb transplants.
- Annual bedding plants
- Florist crops
- Tropical Plants
- Greenhouse cut flower production
- Food crops for greenhouse production
- Managing the greenhouse environment
- Plant production schedules
- Marketing greenhouse crops
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe greenhouse crops.
- develop pest management strategies for greenhouse production.
- interpret and create plant production schedules.
- market plants.
- propagate plants from seed and cuttings.
- provide appropriate greenhouse environment conditions for different crops
- select cultivars for bedding plant production.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)