Dec 04, 2023
HORT 1781 - Horticulture Internship I Credits: 1-3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: The Horticulture Internship is designed to enhance the student’s learning by putting to use the knowledge and skills that the student has already attained and then building on them. Students will get experience working in the field and will be evaluated by employers and the instructor on a variety of skills. This course may be repeated a maximum of three times.
Prerequisite(s): Instructor consent.
- Obtain position and interview successfully
- Complete internship agreement form with internship site supervisor
- Verify hours for the internship
- Perform assigned tasks to employer’s standards
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- identify and interview for internship position.
- apply horticultural concepts and procedures in an work setting.
- demonstrate technical skills in horticultural tasks.
- enhance oral and written communication skills with prospective employers and coworkers.
- document internship activities in a journal.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)