Dec 08, 2023
HORT 2046 - Horticulture Equipment and Technology Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab 4
Course Description: The horticulture industry is becoming more mechanized as labor availability decreases and the sophistication of equipment and technology increases. In this course, students will explore, examine, operate, and maintain equipment and technologies used in horticultural practices. GPS and GIS applications will be covered.
- Application of GPS and GIS technology
- Equipment and Tool Safety Practices
- Specialized greenhouse equipment
- Specialized landscape construction equipment
- Specialized nursery equipment
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- construct equipment maintenance schedules
- define types of equipment used in the horticulture industry.
- calibrate and operate pH testing equipment.
- perform appropriate maintenance procedures.
- describe safe operation techniques.
- utilize GPS and GIS technology.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)