Mar 28, 2023
ITT 2038 - Data Storage II Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This course will focus on advanced storage concepts, and implementing and managing block-based (SAN) data services in an enterprise infrastructure. Students will perform data storage-system and server migrations along with implementing disaster recovery solutions. Students will also perform storage system capacity planning, system automation, and performance analysis in multiprotocol environments.
Prerequisite(s): ITT 2036 with a grade of C or higher or instructor consent.
- Network Types
- Planning and architecture
- Storage performance considerations
- Storage and Data management
- Data storage security considerations
- LUN provisioning techniques
- Volume management
- Performance monitoring.
- Performance reporting.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Apply techniques to improve remote storage performance, continuity, and security.
- Create a plan for the integration of a SAN into an existing local area network (LAN).
- configure LUN provisioning.
- describe performance metrics.
- explain volume management.
- interpret performance reporting.
- monitor performance.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)