Dec 04, 2023
ITT 2049 - Advanced Routing and Switching Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This course is designed to expose students to advanced routing and switching concepts, including Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS). This course covers network services and protocols required by converged applications in a complex network. This course is designed for students in the Information and Telecommunications Technology (ITT) program.
Prerequisite(s): ITT 2031 with a grade of C or higher or instructor consent.
- Multi-area OSPF
- IPv6 networking
- Inter-VLAN routing
- HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP
- Security risks
- Configuration of IP phone support
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- assemble a secure VLAN.
- configure BGP for enterprise ISP connectivity.
- configure IPv6 in native and IPv4 integrated environments.
- configure multi-area OSPF routing.
- create a complex EIGRP network.
- describe gateway redundancy technologies.
- configure switches for VoIP integration.
- implement switch security based upon a given scenario.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)