Dec 03, 2023
ITT 2099 - IT Capstone Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This is an advanced course designed to integrate technology architecture, planning, business process, and teamwork. Content includes the project management and customer services knowledge necessary to construct and manage complex technology-based systems to support an organization. Students will implement their solution to a business problem in cross-sectional teams. This course is designed for students in the Information and Telecommunications Technology (ITT) program.
Prerequisite(s): ECT 1013 , CVF 1083 and ITT 1032 with a grade of C or higher or instructor consent.
Recommendation: CVF 1091 and ITT 2036 . Course should be taken in the student’s second year.
- Project management methods
- Technical documentation
- Return on investment
- Team dynamics
- Systems requirements
- Implementing a framework
- Solutions implementation
- Project planning
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- apply the principles of systems theory in order to solve complex technology-based business problems.
- apply the system development life cycle to a given business problem scenario involving end user and intermediate devices in a networked environment.
- define Return On Investment (ROI) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- demonstrate the application of project management.
- design the solution to a given business problem scenario/project.
- develop a project charter.
- develop skills necessary to work in a diverse team.
- develop written technical business documentation.
- explain the advantages of working in teams.
- revise their 5-year career plan.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)