Mar 05, 2021
INTD 1020 - Interior Design Presentation Skills I Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This introductory course focuses on Interior Design presentation skills necessary to design any given space. It covers reading and drawing a set of floor plans, using drafting tools and drafting appropriate architectural symbols, dimensioning, lettering, elevations, sections, and detailing. This course provides the foundation for all other Interior Design courses.
- basic architectural drafting
- furniture arranging clearances
- furniture installation plans
- proxemics, anthropometrics
- reading floor plans
- space plan
- architectural symbols
- title blocks
- line quality
- finish schedules
- lighting and electrical plans
- presentation boards
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- construct a set of interior design plans.
- plan an interior design space.
- draw proper symbols for interior design drafting.
- employ proper line weights.
- hand draft floor plans, elevations, and details.
- apply proxemics and anthropometrics to floor plans.
- draft furniture installation plans, reflected ceiling plans, and electrical plans.
- dimension and letter a plan.
- draft finish plans.
- write schedules from finished plans.
- create presentation boards for client presentations.
- evaluate their own work to current industry practice and standards.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)