Mar 28, 2023
INTD 1060 - Furniture Styles and Periods Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course focuses on the historical aspects of architecture, interiors, and furniture. It explores historic styles of the home and its furnishings as a reflection of peoples’ needs and values. It provides a foundation of knowledge useful for subsequent studio courses.
- Ancient: Egyptian, Greek & Roman periods
- Medieval: Byzantine, Early Christian, Romanesque & Gothic
- Italian Renaissance:
- French Periods
- English Periods
- American Periods
- Modern Period
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- identify historical architectural styles.
- identify motifs common to each period.
- identify the various furniture styles as they relate to architecture and time period.
- incorporate historic and contemporary furnishings and artifacts in a single design.
- justify design spaces in terms of the elements and principles of design.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)