Dec 04, 2023
INTD 2075 - Design-Build Partnership Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 1 Lab 4
Course Description: This course is intended for students nearing graduation to put together their accumulated knowledge in a real-life design-build partnership with the Independent School District 916 Building Trades instructor, many sub-contractors, a cabinet shop, a lighting resource, and many suppliers. Students will select all of the exterior and interior furnishings for this spec. house. Students must have transportation to visit many selection sites.
Prerequisite(s): INTD 2001 or instructor consent
- Realtor consultation
- Independent School District 916-Building Trades instructor consultation
- Roofing selection to coordinate with neighborhood
- Siding, shutters, fascia, and exterior door selection to coordinate with neighborhood
- Electrical contractor consultation to give input on final electrical decisions before rough-in
- Cabinet style, door style, wood, hardware, and finish selection at cabinet shop for kitchen and bathrooms
- Interior doors, and wood/painted trim selection
- Fireplace surround, mantle style, and finish selection
- Tile selection for all bathrooms from the tile store
- Wood flooring/carpet selection at flooring store
- Countertop selection at supplier resource
- Lighting selection from lighting resource
- Appliance selections from appliance resource
- Paint color selections from paint resource
- Proposed furniture layout drawn to scale
- Sample collection from construction site
- Time management of project to enable completion of the home on time
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of home exterior/interior products.
- demonstrate ability to work with a contractor, a realtor, sub-contractors, and multiple suppliers.
- demonstrate ability to make wise choices through evaluation or pros and cons of similar products.
- demonstrate ability to work within a tight budget.
- demonstrate ability to make selections within the parameters of the neighborhood, the city, and the intended owner of the home.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)