Mar 05, 2021
KBD 1010 - Presentation Standards for Kitchen and Bath Design Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course covers architectural hand drafting techniques, architectural symbols, measuring and sketching a space, hand drafting floor plans, electrical plans, interior elevation, isometric drawing, and two-point perspective drawing all in accordance with the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) standards.
- Architectural hand drafting tools
- NKBA drawings and requirements
- Architectural lettering
- Architectural symbols
- Measure and sketch kitchen floor plan
- Hand draft floor plan
- Dimension floor plan
- Hand draft electrical plan
- Hand draft interior elevation
- Hand draft isometric drawing
- Hand draft section drawing
- Hand draft two-point perspective drawing
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate use of architectural drawing tools.
- Hand draft an electrical plan for kitchen in accordance with building codes and NKBA standards.
- Hand draft an interior elevation in accordance with NKBA standards.
- Hand draft an isometric drawing of an island and of kitchen.
- Hand draft a perspective drawing of a kitchen.
- Architecturally letter floor plans.
- Measure and sketch a kitchen space.
- Incorporate architectural symbols on specified drawings.
- Hand draft and dimension a kitchen and bath floor plan in accordance with NKBA standards.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)