Dec 04, 2023
MKTG 2003 - The Entrepreneurial Mindset Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3 Lab None
Course Description: This course is designed to inspire, inform, and involve participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset and the unlimited opportunities it can provide. The course provides a comprehensive framework for understanding and implementing an entrepreneurial mindset. Students will have the opportunity to learn directly from the firsthand knowledge and experience drawn from a wide variety of successful “unlikely” entrepreneurs - ordinary people from diverse backgrounds who transformed a simple idea into a sustainable success. This course draws on eight fundamental entrepreneurial concepts that underlie entrepreneurial success.
Recommendation: Course placement into college-level English and Reading OR completion of ENGL 0950 with a grade of C or higher OR completion of RDNG 0940 with a grade of C or higher and qualifying English Placement Exam OR completion of RDNG 0950 with a grade of C or higher and ENGL 0090 with a grade of C or higher OR completion of ESOL 0051 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0052 with a grade of C or higher. It is highly recommended to take this course prior to MKTG 2005 .
- Introduction to the Eight Fundamental Concepts of the Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Power to Choose
- Recognizing Opportunities
- Ideas into Action
- Pursuit of Knowledge
- Recognizing Resources
- Building Brand
- Creating Community
- Power of Persistence
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- analyze authentic entrepreneurial experiences.
- describe a strategic approach to succeed in entrepreneurial endeavors.
- describe entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors, and skills that can be applied across disciplines and as a means of personal empowerment.
- describe fundamental concepts of financial literacy from an entrepreneurial perspective.
- evaluate entrepreneurial opportunities by connecting real-world problems with market-based solutions.
- identify fundamentals of an entrepreneurial mindset.
- identify the processes involved in developing personal brand and business reputation.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)