Mar 28, 2023
MATH 0015 - Basic Mathematics Review Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course is designed to provide an opportunity for a concentrated review of whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percent, and signed numbers. A major emphasis of this course is to be able to perform these calculations by hand. Students will also be able to solve simple equations.
Prerequisite(s): Assessment score placement into MATH 0010 and a score of 50-75 on the Elementary Algebra Test.
- Operations on Signed Numbers
- Order of Operations
- Ratios and Proportions
- Whole Numbers
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate critical and logical reasoning when solving problems.
- add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and signed numbers.
- solve equations that contain one of the above operations.
- solve proportions.
- evaluate an arithmetic expression using the order of operations.
- convert between fractions, decimals, and percents.
- solve equations involving percents.
- model and solve applied problems using arithmetic.
- communicate clearly a problem¿s solution and its explanation for the intended audience in terms of the problem posed.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)