Mar 28, 2023
MATH 1000 - Medical Dosages Calculations Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course is designed for students who are currently enrolled in or planning to enroll in the nursing or other health programs. Topics include metric, apothecary, and household systems; conversion between systems; measuring oral medication; parenteral therapy; preparation of solutions and pediatric dosages.
Prerequisite(s): Assessment score placement in MATH 1000.
- Dimensional Analysis
- Metric, Apothecary, and Household Systems of Measure
- Oral Medications
- Parenteral Therapy: liquids and powders
- Pediatric Dosages
- Preparation of Solutions
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical and logical reasoning when solving problems.
- Convert within and between the Metric, Apothecary, and Household systems using dimensional analysis.
- Convert a doctors orders to dosage administration form using dimensional analysis.
- Determine appropriate pediatric dosages using formulas.
- Communicate clearly a problems solution and its explanation for the intended audience in terms of the problem posed.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)