Sep 22, 2020
MUSC 1005 - Century Chamber Singers Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab 2
Course Description: Designed as an advanced opportunity in choral performance, the Century Chamber Singers is open to students and community musicians with previous singing experience. A wide variety of music is performed and at least one major choral concert is presented each semester. Some special evening rehearsals are required as scheduled by the director. Registration for Chamber Singers may be done as an activity for academic credit or through Continuing Education. Students may take this course for academic credit up to four times. This course requires an audition or an interview with the director and concurrently enrolled in MUSC 1000 .
- Developing proper stage etiquette
- Development of an advanced chamber group sound
- The development of advanced vocal skills through intonation, rhythm and diction.
- The development of high performance standards in small group choral singing
- The music studied and performed for each concert will differ in style and period as it pertains to chamber music repertoire. The criteria for music selection will be: Variety of styles Variety of musical periods Consideration of the ability of the performers and potential of the group
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proper stage etiquette.
- Efficiently rehearse choral music as a part of a section of a chamber choir.
- Perform chamber music of various styles and periods.
- Prepare advanced musical scores for singing in rehearsal and performance.
- Demonstrate the ability to sing in an advanced choral style.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)