Jan 20, 2021
MUSC 1050 - Introduction to Music Notation Software Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture 1 Lab None
Course Description: This course introduces the basics of music notation software and applies this knowledge to various musical activities, using industry-standard music notation software. Activities include creating professional-quality written scores, generating MIDI files for sequencing and editing, combining music with other media, and surveying other music software programs. This course requires basic note-reading ability and experience with computers.
- Industry-standard music notation program
- Music engraving skills
- Role of technology in music creation
- Other music and multimedia software programs
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- create and edit other materials such as posters and worksheets.
- create professional-quality scores and parts for a variety of ensembles.
- generate MIDI files for sequencing and editing.
- synchronize music to video using software.
- utilize music notation software to develop musical ideas.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)