Sep 18, 2020
MUSC 1055 - Music Industry Topics and Careers Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3 Lab None
Course Description: This course is an introduction to the music industry. Topics include publishing, recording, arts management, copyright issues and the impact of technology on the music industry. Marketing strategies, entrepreneurial skills and career opportunities are also covered. This course is designed for music majors and students considering a career in the music industry.
- History of the music business
- Publishing and recording
- Copyright and licensing
- Arts management and administration
- Careers in music
- Legal and financial issues
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- analyze current issues in the music industry.
- describe marketing strategies for music entrepreneurship.
- explain the historical development of the music business.
- explain the impact of technology on the music industry.
- identify possible career paths in the music industry.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)