Sep 22, 2020
NURS 2025 - Clinical Specialty Focus Credits: 1-4
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course provides an opportunity to increase knowledge and nursing skills within a specialized lab or clinical setting utilizing the Nursing Learning Resource Center, acute care or community settings. The course builds upon content taught within the Nursing Program while providing the opportunity to expand experiential learning and go beyond the basics in a specialized field of nursing. This course requires successful completion of at least one nursing course, Healthcare Provider CPR certification, background clearance, and required immunizations.
Prerequisite(s): Instructor consent
Will vary according to clinical specialty focus topic.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- assess, plan, implement, and evaluate holistic nursing care.
- develop specific independent nursing interventions related to the clinical specialty.
- demonstrate competence in performing selected psychomotor skills.
- utilize technology and information systems to enhance healthcare information.
- apply theoretical concepts from a specialized field to the care of patients.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)