Sep 19, 2020
NURS 2920 - Applied Pathophysiology for Nursing II Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course will facilitate ongoing critical thinking and analysis of pathophysiological concepts. Emphasis will be on interpretation and prioritization of data resulting from environmental, genetic, and stress-related maladaptations. This course complements the selected topics addressed in Acute & Complex Care to provide a comprehensive understanding of disease processes. This course requires completion of NURS 2900 and NURS 2950 with grades of C or higher or concurrently enrolled.
Prerequisite(s): NURS 2800 , NURS 2820 , NURS 2850 and BIOL 2035 with grades of C or higher
Recommendation: Computer skills are essential.
- Professional Development & Identity in relation to acute pathophysiological conditions
- Health Care Delivery
- Evidence-based Practice
- Physiological integrity in relations to acute pathophysiological conditions
- Physiological Homeostasis & Regulation
- Fluid &Electrolyte Balance
- Acid-Base Balance
- Cellular Regulation
- Intracranial Regulation
- Sexuality & Reproduction
- Protection and Movement
- Tissue Integrity
- Sensory Perception
- Psychosocial Integrity in relation to acute pathophysiological conditions
- Behavioral Resilience
- Coping, Stress & Adaptation
- Lifespan Growth and Development in relation to acute pathophysiological conditions
- Determinants of Health
- Individual Behavior
- Social & Economic Factors
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- analyze protective and predictive factors including genetics which influence the heath of clients.
- explain the common mechanisms of acute/complex disease progression in the human body.
- incorporate theory and research utilizing and prioritizing data from multiple relevant sources.
- utilizes theories and concepts from the sciences to expand understanding of the human pathophysiological experience.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)