Sep 22, 2020
OFFT 0093 - Keyboarding Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab None
Course Description: This course develops basic keyboarding techniques and skills using a computer. The emphasis will be learning the touch method of keying the alphabetic keys. In addition emphasis will be on using proper keyboarding technique to develop speed and accuracy on alphabetic material and the numeric keypad.
- 10-key numeric pad
- Alphabetic Keys
- Home Row, Space Bar, Enter
- Left Shift, Right Shift,
- Comma, Question Mark, Period, Apostrophe, Quotation Mark, Tab
- Keyboarding Techniques
- Correct posture
- Correct hand and finger position
- Proofreader¿s Marks
- Sentence and paragraph for accuracy
- Sentence and paragraph for speed
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- key alphabetic keys by touch.
- demonstrate proper posture and keyboarding techniques.
- demonstrate proficiency using keyboarding software.
- demonstrate keyboarding skill on 1¿ and 2¿ timings.
- demonstrate proper technique on the 10-key numeric pad.
- increase keyboarding speed on straight-copy and timed writings.
- apply proofreader¿s marks to printed timed writings.
- demonstrate proficiency using the keyboarding software on three-minute timings.
- key paragraphs with a minimal number of errors within a predetermined time period.
- key sentences and paragraphs to increase speed using 30 second and 1-minute timings.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)