Sep 18, 2020
OFFT 1002 - Speech Recognition Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture 1 Lab None
Course Description: This course is designed to prepare students to use speech-recognition technology to produce business documents in corporate and medical office settings. This course is valuable for new students and individuals who wish to update their skills.
Prerequisite(s): OFFT 1001
- Introduction and overview of speech-recognition technology
- Enunciation practice
- Increase speed and accuracy
- Recognize and correct inaccuracies in speech-recognized documents
- Training speech-recognition software
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate use of speech-recognition hardware and software
- Demonstrate clear enunciation.
- Explain the benefits of using speech-recognition software.
- Analyze documents for errors and make corrections
- Produce speech-recognized documents.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)