Jan 20, 2021
OPCA 1060 - Trans-Tibial Exoskeletal Fabrications Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course covers the trans-tibial prosthetic measurement forms,soft inserts and lamination techniques in trans-tibial socket fabrications. This course will introduce students to various suspension systems, static alignment, alignment duplication, shaping and finishing techniques of trans-tibial prostheses.
Prerequisite(s): Instructor consent
- Interpret Prosthetic Measurement Forms
- basic body measurements
- lower limb landmarks
- trans-tibial amputation remaining structures
- Fabricate trans-tibial soft insert
- plaster model
- pattern for insert
- mold insert
- finish insert
- Fabricate a trans-tibial socket
- plaster of Paris model
- trans-tibial socket lamination
- Waist belt and cuff suspension
- waist belt design, cut patterns, and fabricate
- knee cuff design, cut patterns, and fabricate
- modified knee cuff design, pattern, and fabricate
- Static alignment and assembly of trans-tibial socket
- socket placed in extension block
- static alignment
- Alignment duplication
- duplicate alignment
- Shape, laminate and assemble a trans-tibial prosthesis
- final assembly
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- design and fabricate soft inserts.
- duplicate the trans-tibial alignment.
- fabricate the waist belt and cuff suspension.
- fabricate trans-tibial sockets.
- interpret prosthetic measurement forms.
- shape, laminate, and assemble a trans-tibial prosthesis.
- statically align and assemble the trans-tibial socket.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)