Sep 22, 2020
OPCA 1070 - Trans-Tibial Endoskeletal Fabrications Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course covers socket lamination utilizing vacuum techniques. Students will fabricate a variety of suspension systems. The students will also finish and assemble the endoskeletal prosthesis for delivery to a patient.
Prerequisite(s): Instructor consent
- Trans-tibial socket using vacuum
- fabricate trans-tibial model
- lay-up trans-tibial model
- laminate trans-tibial socket with vacuum laminating tools
- Mount joints to PTB socket
- static alignment
- vertical jig procedures
- trans-tibial joint placement
- Suspension components for PTB prosthesis
- thigh corset
- trans-tibial fork strap
- trans-tibial joint covers
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- fabricate leather suspension components for trans-tibial prostheses.
- laminate a trans-tibial socket using vacuum techniques.
- statically align and mount joints to a trans-tibial socket.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)