Jan 20, 2021
OPCA 2090 - Clinical Applications Practicum Credits: 1-8
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This practicum provides students with opportunities to apply the theories and skills learned in the program in an approved clinical setting with actual patient contact. Practicum students work under the direct supervision of a Certified Orthotist/Prosthetist or Certified Assistant preceptor in an approved professional facility. In addition, students are observed periodically on site by a Century College program instructor who also confers with facility supervisors/preceptors.
Prerequisite(s): OPCA 2080 with a grade of C or higher or concurrent enrollment.
- Develop plan for professional skills improvement
- periodical assessment
- need for goal setting
- development of 1-2 year plan
- Discuss host facilities¿ policies and procedures
- orientation to the particular facility
- safety procedures
- customized forms
- facility’s policies
- Formulate treatment plans
- medical history
- current status
- treatment plan
- prognosis and diagnosis
- Demonstrate assistant / practitioner skills on clients of a habilitation facility
- work assignments
- interpersonal skills
- technical expertise
- critical thinking skills
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate assistant/practitioner skills on clients of a habilitation facility.
- develop plan for professional skills improvement.
- discuss host facilities¿ policies and procedures.
- formulate treatment plans.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)