Sep 20, 2020
VCT 1137 - Filmmaking 2: Narrative Stories Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: Filmmaking involves storytelling with images, group collaboration, and creative problem solving. Students explore pre-production, production, and post-production workflow as they plan, shoot, and edit a narrative film production. Note: Some course assignments require students to move, lift, and carry video equipment.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1133
Recommendation: VCT 1131
- The Filmmaking Process
- Production Planning
- Advanced Video Cameras
- Advanced Lighting
- Advanced Audio
- Team Film Productions
- Create a Narrative Story Film
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- use story structure.
- describe the process of moving from script to screen.
- demonstrate team work skills.
- describe the role of a producer.
- prepare pre-production proposals.
- prepare storyboards.
- arrange and organize crew, equipment, and facilities to film a production.
- operate video equipment in a productions setting.
- assemble video logs and footage.
- apply editing techniques to complete a production.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)