VCT 2062 - Graphic Design III
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course, last in the sequence of three design courses in the Graphic Design degree, provides students the opportunity to employ the concepts and skills they developed in Graphic Design I and Graphic Design II. These concepts and skills include developing and creating a real-life project from concept to presentation, print, and delivery. This client-based project is the focal point for their portfolios. In addition, students develop and create mockups for several package design concepts.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 2061
- Establish projects, clients and printers
- Meet with clients
- Establish due dates and deadlines
- Begin package design projects
- Meet deadlines and benchmarks
- Meet with printer
- Follow-up assessment of projects
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- develop a graphic design project from concept to delivery.
- communicate professionally to clients and other project team members.
- prepare a finished design for print and electronic delivery.
- rebrand poorly designed packaging.
- interact with printers, pre-press professionals and developers.
- photographically document, present and explain their designs.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)