Oct 27, 2020
VCT 2064 - Print and Web Production Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This advanced course in print and web production reveals the challenges and limitations of taking a design to print or to presentation on the internet. The course emphasizes planning and designing projects that efficiently port to either print or a digital delivery system in order to prevent problems further down the workflow.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 2061
- Designing for print
- Repurposing for the web
- Manual and digital imposition techniques
- Manual and digital pre-flighting techniques
- Packaging for pre-press and print
- Packaging for web development
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- communicate with printers and pre-press professionals in the language of design and print.
- examine and repair design projects for efficient printing and publishing.
- re-purpose traditional print jobs for the web.
- proof print jobs and web pages for client approval.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)