Oct 27, 2020
VCT 2066 - Portfolio Development-Graphic Design Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: Preparing and presenting a professional graphic design portfolio is an important step in landing that first job. In this class, students practice important skills in presentation, editing, resume writing, and developing their personal brand. Creating and presenting a portfolio in printed and electronic versions is the goal of this course.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 2061
- Research and evaluate professional portfolios
- Research and evaluate past projects and decide which need to be reworked and re-printed
- Decide how to group the individual projects in the portfolio
- Decide how to sequence the groups
- Create a presentation highlighting certain pieces for their design and technical quality
- Create a professional resume and cover letter using their own personal branding
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- develop a professional quality resume and cover letter using their own branding.
- Discuss the importance of a portfolio in the graphic design industry.
- evaluate their work and decide on portfolio quality pieces.
- rework, update and reprint projects to achieve portfolio level projects.
- present their portfolio to students, instructors, and members of industry.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)