Sep 20, 2020
VCT 2075 - Photography Business and Profession Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: For successful photographers, business skills are just as important as creative skills. This course covers essential business topics that professional photographers need to know in order to succeed. Content includes photography contracts, managing clientele, event photography, pricing, and selling work.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1073 with a grade of C or higher.
Recommendation: ENGL 1020 or ENGL 1021
- Building a photography business
- Business and photography contracts
- Building and managing clientele
- Pricing structure and packages
- Working with other professionals
- Presenting and selling your work
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- register a business with the state.
- create a photography business plan.
- prepare client contracts.
- prepare model releases.
- create pricing packages.
- advertise a photography business.
- implement relationship marketing techniques.
- cultivate inter-vendor relationships.
- evaluate networking opportunities.
- lead clients through photography process.
- prepare contracts for second shooters and assistants.
- implement appropriate sales and delivery methods.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)